The Society has been organized to operate exclusively for scientific and educational purposes, and act as a representative voice for sleep professionals in the State of Illinois and more specifically:
- To promote and support research and education in polysomnography and sleep medicine.
- To encourage and assist in the advancement of scientific and technical standards of polysomnographic technology.
- To protect and preserve both the patient and public trust in doctoral-level sleep clinicians and polysomnographic technologist by promoting the highest level of clinical standards for patient care and safety and to produce the highest quality of polysomnographic data and patient care.
- To promote increased awareness of sleep research and sleep medicine.
- To promote and improve standards of training and qualifications for doctoral-level sleep clinicians and polysomnographic technologists.
- To provide a unified voice for sleep professionals in matters of insurance reimbursement, testing standards and the application of treatment modalities for sleep disorders.
- To develop and maintain the essentials to perpetuate the Society and its objectives.